Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

As Mother's all over America anticipate and dread the coming of Mother's day, I had to stop myself and say "don't expect anything". As Mother's day got here and the kids got me up for breakfast in bed (a bit early) I was happy that they made the effort. And as the day progressed with gifts given, made from school, some fights that I had to break up, all and all was good. When I got to church and meet up with some of my friends the clenched smiles and wish each other happy mothers day said it all. They had had a rocky mothers day. As I listened to their stories of husbands that didn't put any thought in to the day and kids who just didn't care, I realized that I didn't know one mother who actual liked mothers day. I think I we all go in to all birthdays and holidays not expecting anything( and that means not secretly wanting thing to go how you envision them) we would all come out winners! No more feeling bad that your kids and husband are watching you do the dishes, only thankfulness that they said good morning! Because if that's all you get then that's better than nothing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I couldn't have said it any better. No expectations here! (I think this is easier said then done) I learned that a while ago so I started being very clear what I expected on certain days. Well that doesn't work either and it's even more disappointing cause then you know they didn't listen or even care what you say.

Unknown said...

I'm offended! I gave you a great mothers day and birthday this year, haha.